Maastricht University is currently accepting applications for doctoral positions in law. This salary is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
The educational program is designed to help deserving and needy students who want to be part of the doctoral program at Maastricht University.
Maastricht University is consistently ranked as one of the top European universities offering diverse and challenging work within an international organization. It offers various programs with the student’s distinctive experience, studying and teaching at the forefront of disciplines.
Why study at Maastricht University? The university offers a creative way of learning and first-class services for its students to help them cultivate academic skills. Applicants will develop the skills and reputation they need to embark on the lifelong journey of the professional world here.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2021
- University or Organization: Maastricht University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Netherland
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from Netherland.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme will be awarded in Law offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must have master degree in European law, Migration Law; Human Rights Law;
- Must have the ability to separately conducting original research as well as working in a team.
- Must have an interest in academic research.
- Must have the willingness to move to Brussels for a six-month external placement at the European Policy Centre (EPC)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To being registered in the programme, students are required to take admission in the PhD degree programme at the university. After that, applicants have to check the application procedure, and please send your application electronically to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Students are to required to submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Ethics self-assessment
- Copy of Bachelor (BA) and (Research) Master (MA) degree and transcript (including GPA)
- One academic paper
- Contact information of two references (including e-mail; phone number; mailing address; and relationship to the applicant)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have to check the entry requirement at the university.
- Language Requirement: For applicants who are neither native English speakers nor have attended an English-taught BA or MA, the PO accepts certificates from:
- IELTS test: minimum score overall 7.0 and minimum writing score 6.5
- TOEFL test: overall, internet-based minimum score 100 and minimum writing score 25
- TOEFL test: overall, paper-based minimum score of 600
- TOEFL test: overall, computer-based minimum score of 250
- A Cambridge certificate: C or higher for the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
Maastricht University will provide a salary to the PhD candidate in one of the research projects under the umbrella of LIMES.